The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I miss my last three trucks ...

So my last three actually drivable on the road trucks were not garage queens or sunny day only rides. Just neat ol fun trucks. Two were multi colored everything haha. And the other was all one color, but the paint had seen better days.

I used them as, get ready for it ... Trucks! They got filthy, inside and out. While I wasn't purposefully denting and scratching them up, stuff happened. It just wasn't a big deal. My nephew bent the front bumper on my GMC and it kind of irked me, but not really a big deal. Remove bumper, straighten bracket, install new bumper.

Right now I have no running (not even close) 67-72. I do have, sorry Chevy purists, an F150 Ford, its not new, but had super low miles when I picked it up and was darn near as nice on the outside as the day it was new 20 years ago. I use it as a truck. What do I haul? Mostly Chevy truck parts haha. Today I was picking up a pair of short bedsides and because I wasn't paying good enough attention, or Im getting old and the bedsides seem heavier than they used to haha, I put a scratch on the outside of my nice shiny box.
Gahhhh!

So what should a person do when they finally get their pick up on the road. Pristine everything on the outside ... or just a nice clean look and not try to worry too much about a scratch or two?

My last three trucks and a rendering of the panel Im slowly (again) working on. Plus I have a 72 SWB K10 and a 71SWB C10 Im very close to having all the parts to put both together. The black with primer bed truck was mostly driven with a blue bed, dunno why but one day I just grabbed some cans of black primer and went to town.

EDIT: Although my two remaining pick ups have potential (don't they all?) Im really really missing the long bed. My F is sort of a king cab with the suicide style small doors and a bit shorter bed. I sure have to haul a lot of stuff with the tail gate down.
Attached Images

Last edited by CG; 07-07-2019 at 01:47 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote