The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
typhoon

Question Starter problems

Hello everyone, I'm back with more questions!

I've just bought a SWB 67 with a mess of wiring, before I brought the truck home, the guy started it using a push button starter, in combination with the ignition switch and a jumper vehicle. I've removed most of the rats nest of wires behind the dash, and re wired the starter circuit to a new ignition switch. I have also installed a new/used front wiring harness from a 71. I have power at my ignition switch, and when the key is in start position I have power all the way along the purple wire to the starter solinoid, but it won't turn over, it won't even click. Am I missing someting?

The new forward wiring harness has two yellow wires and one green wire coming out by the starter motor. Can anyone tell me what these ones are for? I assume I will be using one yellow one for the HEI I have just put in, but the other green and yellow wire seem fishy to me....Help please!
typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote