The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Slowguy

Need advice deciding to go ahead and lower the rear further

I used all the advice on here. For the front, I did drop spindles, cups in the lower control arms, and it looks like it’ll be really low. In the rear I did c notch, and lowering blocks. It looks like it’ll be fine but not as low as the front. I’m wondering now if I should go ahead and do these instead: http://pbfab.com/63-72-c10-bolt-in-level-3-step-notch

What I’m wondering is if I do that larger notch, will this necessitate changing the carrier bearing cross member? I haven’t ordered a custom driveshaft yet (which I will do soon) but I’m trying to decide just in case I want it lower in the near future with the larger notch (that might make my newly ordered driveshaft worthless)?

I’m not worried about raising the bed floor, I can just run around without a floor while I’m working on that anyway.

I actually was hoping to get enough done to make the trek down to waxahatchie in September but I think now I’d really be pushing it to get that to happen. I’m thinking a plane ticket will have to be my ride this year
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote