The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
PHOENIX

Exclamation I think I found my timing problem.

I started getting into the distributor tonight and look what I found when I removed the rotor.

The second and third pictures show the one weight pin out of the hole. Not sure how this happened. I am pretty damn sure this didnt happen when I removed the rotor. Plus the pin has little teeth on it that did not want to go back into the hole.

The first picture shows how the little plate in the middle is raised on one side (arrow) and not the other. It was like this at first, then it got a little worse as I tried to tap that pin back into place.

When I got the pin back in I put the weight and springs back into place and placed the rotor back on top and just snapped it by hand and it wasnt very quick to respond. I took the rotor back off and played with it by hand. It was slow and not smooth at all. There is a lot of resistance when turning by hand. The weight that was out of place doesnt slide smoothly across the plate the weights sit on.

What do you guys think, do you think this would cause the problems I was having?
Attached Images

Last edited by PHOENIX; 06-08-2004 at 01:35 AM.
PHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote