The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2004, 05:13 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Starter woes

I must have done something wrong fitting or setting it up as my new starter now refuses to start. It spins but isn't engaging, whether it's just come loose or whether I got the alignment wrong and it's chewed the teeth off the flywheel I'm not sure. I'm going to get under it today and have a look. I have some shims so I'll see if it just needs shimming up. This is the first one i've done on an SBC and it's very different to all of the ones I've replaced in the past that bolt into the bell housing and don't need shimming to work properly. Any advice would be welcomed.

Just to compound my misery we have a bunch of crackheads moved into an apartment across the street that are dealing and causing all sorts of trouble, from break-in's to loud music all night. My wifes 01 Cherokee was keyed (scratched) down one side on Monday and at just gone midnight monday night we were woken up by voices near the house, after being burgled last year we are a little nervous so I took my trusty baseball bat and maglight and eventually I found two youths screwing on the fire escape of the building next door on a level with our bedroom window, she called me a pervert as I shone the torch on them (hey she was the one standing with her underwear in her hand after having sex on a fire escape!) and he threatened me with violence.

And then I found out last night that on Monday morning at 1am my parents who are 68 and 69, and my two sisters that still live at home were woken up by a huge crash as someone opened their front door with a crowbar, despite there being four cars on the front drive. The thieving b***ards must have run as the door hit the heater on the wall and made a huge crash (I remember trying to sneak in as a teenager when drunk and waking the whole house up doing the same!) as they didn't get into the house and take anything. Needless to say everyone was in shock, the Police came, and couldn't find anyone, which was because by that time they were in a street around the corner breaking into a friend of my parents house, they also broken into a car in my parents neighbours drive. The Police said that they must have been high, which is even more frightening. I think it's about time we brought back capital punishment for drug dealers and started hanging them in the town square! Anyone up for a lynch mob?

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote