The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
raidmagic

New guy(ish) with a new to me 80

Hey guys, I picked up this to act as my daily driver while I finish my 65. I'm a member here and usually go in the older truck forum. Hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me.

First it's an 80. I also have a parts truck I've had for a while. It's an 81. Can I put the 81 front clip on the 80? I see the 80 has a longer hood if I use the fenders, hood and cowl piece from the 81 is there any reason this won't work?

Second, I'd really like to have AC. I live in Florida our one week of winter isn't going to help me. Most all the parts are there, compressor, hoses, condenser, etc. Am I better off trouble shooting and replacing parts on this system (nothing works right now) or would I be better off just taking it all out and putting a basic aftermarket system in?

I've already swapped the doors from the 81 over they are rust free and took the seatbelts too. I got the windshield from the 81 and will put it in tomorrow after the paint dries from repairing some of the windshield channel.

Is there a repair for no lock on the rear slide window? Mine has nothing and I'd like to keep that.

Well thanks for letting me ramble. Here's a picture or two of it and hopefully I'll have more as I go along.

raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote