The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2019, 12:10 AM   #1
ironadict

Windshield help please!!!!

So I got all new glass for my truck from auto classic city. New gaskets and trim molding as well. Had a buddy who’s roped in lots of windshields in a shop he worked at come by and help me. We worked on this damn thing for hours and can not for the life of us get it seated all the way. The bottom corners aren’t going all the way into corner and it seems like the top corners aren’t pushing all the way back to the pinch weld. My hands feel shattered from slapping this thing and I even resorted throwing elbows but we just can’t get it in there.
Is there something we’re not doing right? We used foaming window cleaner liberally to lubricate. He also put on some setting compound from a caulking gun that’s supposed to help it seal. We started by setting the bottom down then roping it around one side work that side in. Then moving to other side and working that side in. He also wanted to wait to put on trim molding until it was in. Is that correct? Any advice would be much appreciated. Unfortunately no local glass shops will do old schools any more.
Attached Images