The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
Onry69CST

Budget Shortbed: welding, grinding, rust oh my

I was never much of a shortbed guy, but I have had a change of heart.This old shortbed needs some love. Sitting under a pine tree for years with no windshield, and no doors has not been kind. This is the poster child vehicle for goodmark repair panels.Luckily I thoroughly enjoy this type of work, and I'm very happy to be working on something I'm not restoring, just fixing and daily driving.

Initially I thought I could get it driving reliably for under 2k, including purchase price. Since I started doing the floor, and what seems like every thing from the rockers down, I'm going to be over that by a little bit. Other than that, my plan is to daily drive it as is for a long time.

What it needs:
Inner roof, floors, kick panels, door pillar repairs, cab braces, rockers, cab corners, windshield, doors, engine, trans, brakes, and a seat.

Luckily! I saved a whole cab for $100 just before I found this shortbed. I'll be able to swap many parts, including the windshield, door stuff, seat, seatbelts...lots of other stuff. Most importantly the roof was in great shape. Unfortunately he mangled it by moving it with forks, same with the doors, but they were garbage anyway. So I was forced to cut out just the part I needed out of the roof.

It looks tiny next to my k20
Attached Images

Onry69CST is offline   Reply With Quote