The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
mejum

Carburetor Recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for a new carburetor for my '57. I would like something turn-key that will start every time I turn the key, idle smoothly, and perform well when I put my foot into it.

Engine is a 350 that's been mildly built: Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads, Comp Magnum 280 cam, Edlbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, Hedman Headers, etc. The engine/truck was built for fair-weather street/cruising. I don't have any immediate plans to start daily driving the truck, go racing, or drastically increase hp/tq with this engine.

I've gone through the various online carburetor calculators for my build and a 600 cfm is recommended. Is a 600 cfm carburetor sufficient for this build/engine? I don't want to limit its potential.

I've just scratched the surface in terms of research, but the carbs that I keep seeing come up are the Edelbrock 600 and the Holley Bralwer 600. Anything else I should be looking at or anything I should avoid?
mejum is offline   Reply With Quote