The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
Bladeboy1998

87 v10 th400/208 to 465/205 swap

I've got an 87 v10, came factory with a th400 and 208 transfer case, looking to swap to a hydraulic bell housing sm465 and np 205 transfer case. I've got a transmission, bell housing, and transfer case sourced already, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to reuse my front driveshaft, I know the rear will have to be changed as the transfer case doesnt have a slip yoke. I'm relatively new to all of this and may be in over my head as this all started with a hole in the engine block and somehow I dont have a cab or bed, and now I have a 6 inch lift for it! It's basically a frame off resto now.

I guess my main questions are the transmission crossmember and the front drive shaft, will I be able to reuse them? I found a truck in a local yard with a front shaft and crossmember but the shaft looks the same, the crossmember is hard to tell as the truck is buried. They listed it as an 87 but it's clearly not as it's a mechanical clutch, and the truck is a short bed so I cant use the rear shaft. Sorry for the long winded post, just trying to clear some stuff up! Thank you guys!
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote