The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
CHEVYRULS

Post 1970 Chevy C10 Suspension rebuild

I am in the process of rebuilding the complete Front suspension for a 1970 C10, at this time the body is not on the truck, the factory suspension front & rear has been removed plus the frame has been sandblasted.

At this time I'm installing a TCI Trailing Arms kit and will be painting the Frame once everything is fitted.

I have seen many variations on the front rebuild for the C10 but im undecided which way to go. Complete suspension Bolt on or new control arms

with that said i will be installing a 400sb and a 700R with a rebuilt 12 bolt posi.

Components i do have is a set of 1971/72 2.5 drop spindles from classic performance, i was going to use these but as i look at this project I'm wondering is the bolt on power steering for a gear box better than the rack?

is it better to install a complete front suspension or go with replacing the control arms.

I would hate to piece this front end together and then it adds up to the complete front suspension cost.

what is important is drive ability/handling.
CHEVYRULS is offline   Reply With Quote