The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
Thealien

Some new information about my not so rust free Blazer

I had a friend come over today to do some work on my NOT SO RUST FREE Blazer. Even though he is a good friend of 30+ years I pay him so he doesn't get tired of helping. Still cheaper than a mechanic or body shop and I tell him what needs to be done.

Changed the plugs and air filter. Every plug was covered in soot. I meant to change the sires also but I am still an idiot and bought regular wires as I had not noticed the HEI back there. I guess I have been distracted.

There was some kind of stereo and amplifier at one point and the wiring is scotch locked and a mess everywhere. I removed a bunch of live wires and and found some still unresolved issues.

Here is a picture of some cut wires. Not sure where they go (I assume the rear lights but they work (license plate does not?).

This is the mess of a fuel fill it sticks out about 2 inches past where the side panels would be. I would like the fuel fill behind the tail light or sidemarker or at least a door and not hacked together. did I say it showed up without even a gas cap?

In anticipation of a body shop welding that abortion up I wanted to replace some of the pipe with fuel hose so when it is welded closed I can add fuel with it turned into the bed until the permanent solution is figured out.

While he was fixing the fuel fill pipe the bottom hose to the tank fell out. They had put 1 1/2" hose instead of the 1 3/8" and tried unsuccessfully to tighten it down with hose clamps, it wasn't working and had to of leaked gas when filling.

So he fixed that (I had some 1 3/8" hose left over from my Jimmy 10-15 years ago).

Only 2 bolts in the rear bumper

Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote