The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
TrybalRage

High mileage LQ4 from a 2500

I'm currently trying to sell or trade a car (1997 Camaro SS) to fund doing an LS swap in my C10, bring the drivetrain up to modern standards. I'm selling for $3500 with a little wiggle room.

I got an offer for a 2000 Silverado 2500, LQ4 with a 4L80E (not sure if 2WD or 4WD at this point). The truck has almost 290,000 miles on it. He said that the previous owner claimed to have the motor replaced at one point, but cannot verify. He had the transmission rebuilt, and does have paperwork on that (don't know how long ago, we've only started talking).

He sent several videos of it running/driving, it seems to run well, no noises I can hear. Truck seems pretty clean body wise, a couple of minor rust spots in the cab corners - not that the body is something I need.

Says the motor has New intake gasket, both knock sensors, new knock sensor harness, new pcv valve, new egr valve, fuel pressure regulator, new mass air flow, cold air intake, new plugs, new wires, all 8 coil packs.

I figure I can part out what I don't need and pull quite a bit to use in my C10, if I go that route.

The mileage has me worried. I know these motors are workhorses and have been used in all kinds of fleet vehicles, and several hundred thousand miles are not unheard of with no problems. I don't mind freshening a few things - I've read timing set and lifters are a good idea - but man, 300k is a lot.

I guess I'm wondering if this truck as described would be worth around the $3k-ish I'm looking to get. When I shop around car-part.com for LQ4s of that vintage, they're asking 7-800 or more even with that same mileage, and this doesn't even include accessories, harness, PCM. The transmission seems to catch a good price, if it's 4WD and I need to sell it or trade it. The rest of course could get a few bucks here and there.

For those who have done this type of swap, and have experience with these motors, does this seem like something I should even entertain?

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote