The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
MASTERBrian

Fuel line

1960 suburban with sbc350 with 4 barrel eddy, manual pump. Tank is Tanks, inc. 38 Chevy tank with fuel supply coming out of threaded port on lower rear of tank. Line from pump to carb is braided with an fittings to hard line at top of motor with eddy fuel filter then hard line to carb.

Due to a few changes, such as tank and not liking my main inline filter being up under frame rail in front of rear axle, it's time to rerun things. Im currently aluminum line off rear of tank and up and over to meet the steel line where factory setup was with original tank. I ran all new steel lines 3yrs ago, but couldn't get a bend to go through frame rail so split and installed inline filler there. It's been a PIA to get to to change and a source of leaks. I also don't like having the rubber line going from aluminum to steel, I had to replace all the rubber due to cracking in 3yrs. Not understanding that, maybe parts store had crap hose.

What's everyone using? Aluminum, is obviously super easy to work, but will it last? Thought about finding some steel coil to protect it, like is used on brake lines, where it passes through any questionable spots. I can once again try steel line. Friend has some sort of braided? line going from tank to throttle body on his ls motor. I worry about that if aluminum it's frowned on.

I do want to relocate main fuel filter and possibly install either a manual or electric fuel shutoff valve, so trying to figure that out as well. Two fold reason on valve, one, it'd make future filler replacement simple if under truck. Tired of wearing fuel, yes if rubber hose I can clamp, but trying to eliminate the rubber. Two, if parking outdoors for long I could shut fuel off to stop a thief from going far. Granted, unless electric, I'd have to crawl under to do....hmmm! Just a thought.

Looking for ideas, suggestions.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote