The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
mick53

Caliper brackets

Time to start another problem. Here is what I've got. The axle is a custom width and custom camber 4" drop Super Bell axle. The holes in the axle are for shock perches. The spindles are custom made early Ford with Heidts spindle pins in them. The brakes are Wilwood 12.88" disk with 6 piston Nickle plated calipers. They only fit the Heidts pin. Wilwood only made the Nickle plated calipers for a short period of time. None of these parts ever wanted to play together. I got the bracket today that fit the spindle they are flat. The caliper bracket that's in it can go in 2 ways. One way if the flat sides are lined up it is centered. The other way it would be centered if placed inside with about 1/8" spacer. I tried mind melding it into one working bracket but it didn't work. Any ideas? Would it be stronger overlapped or can a butt joint work? Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote