The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
conoco

Lights turn off

When I pull put my headlight switch the gauge cluster lights turn off. When it is pushed in the cluster lights turn back on. It's almost like it's working in reverse. All wired have power to them. The bulbs for my blinkers stay on. They still flash when they sre engaged but the actual bulb stays on when they are not engage also. The red light for my high beams stays on at all times also even with the high beams turned off. I have the key in the on position but not started, would that make a difference? I also have not cut or messed with any of the wires. Some of the dash bulbs will turn off when I put the socket in even though they have power to the circuit board. Is there a certain order the bulbs need to be put in? I am going to get all new bulbs today, I think a couple are bad. I still dont understand why everything turns off when the lights are engage though.
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote