The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2004, 03:48 AM   #1
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Homemade Speaker Box

Just finished a homemade enclosure for subs for my Son's project truck. Thought I would try a different approach than the standard particle board covered in carpet. I made the frame out of 1x2's. Made a "skeleton" frame then stretched fleece material very tight. Painted it with resin to make a good pattern then started laying resin and matting until everything was 1/2" thick. Hard blocked it with a long board until everything was flat and true. Shot the primer and paint today and just "set" it in the truck (it's getting real late). My Son and I plan on finishing the mounting tomorrow. The center section will have a piece of 1/2" thick smoked plexiglass with the sub amp mounted to it. My upholstery guy made a panel that covers the area above the box. It's thick waterboard covered with the same tan leather as the rest of the interior. The rest of the system components will be hidden in a matching center console that we are building to mount between the seats. Just thought I would share this if someone is looking to make something a little different. It was very easy to make although there was some time involved. The cost was also pretty cheap. Workin real fast now......Need to have it done for him by Hot August Nights.
Attached Images