The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
tdangle

New motor install final chapter

Over the last few weeks I've swapped out my tired stock 350 for a GM Performance crate engine. Their SP350/357 I bought the deluxe engine that came with manifold, carb, distributor even spark plugs and wires. I figured this way everything would be matched and calibrated for that engine. (BTW, not the cheapest way to go) In the instructions they even state what jets and power valve gave the best power on the engine dyno at their facility. Well, I'm disappointed as the carb has the stock jetting as it came from Holley, the HEI dist has the stock very lazy advance curve. It does run pretty good, idle is so-so, but I feel it is running rich.

I found a place by me that knows carbs and have a chassis dyno. To my surprise it is Westech Performance Group, the place on Engine Masters. I met Steve, a really down to earth nice guy. I'm set up to take my truck in next Wednesday for them to dyno tune my setup. They are going to make sure idle, and drive ability as well as air fuel ratios are good. Of course best power also

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote