The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
hotrodj54

My 74 swb build

This is my first post in here, I figured I’d introduce myself. My name is john, I’ve been into squarebodys for years. This truck is the 12th one I’ve owned and decided I’m going to keep this one. The progress will be slow but hopefully I’ll finish this one. So here goes the back story
Let’s go back about ten years ago. My neighbor down the street had this ugly green swb 74 Chevy truck laying next to his garage. He was a car guy and I saw him at a lot of local cruise nights. I always asked him about the truck but he would never sell it, as it was his fathers truck and he had passed away years before. Every now and again I’d ask about it but was always the same awnser. Eventually I got to the point Where I had owned a bunch of these trucks and swore I’d never by another one so I stopped asking. Fast forward about ten years, I started to want another truck, so I started to look. Now the green truck was gone. I ran into him and asked about it, he said he gave it to his sister and she was going to restore it, so I figured that was the end of that. I found a 79 swb 2wd truck about a hour away from me in a price range I could afford so I went and looked at it and bought it. That’s the blue truck in the first set of pics. I started fooling around with it for a couple months when a Facebook marketplace add came up with the green 74 I had been trying to by for years. I called immediately, and was told she had someone already coming to look at it. Later on that night she called me back saying he had never showed up. So the next day I was in her driveway with cash and drove it home. This was April of last year. Now on to the pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

hotrodj54 is offline   Reply With Quote