The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2020, 05:12 PM   #11
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for Gregski, thank you! Once I get it purchased and hooked up I will let you know if I see any red flags.

I did wire up the OBD and plugged in a cheap scanner and didn't get any codes. I guess if a tuner was just plain evil they could disable all codes, but I have some faith in them.
Especially during this moratorium you may have time to download the HP Tuners software and install it on a computer of your choice, it doesn't even have to be a laptop. It is legal and it is free. I think they call it the VCM Suite or something like that. Then download the stock tune for your vehicle from their website, you may need to create an account online to do so, if you still can't get to their repository let me know what year make and model you need and I will download it for you and email it to you. This way you can start looking at the stock configuration ahead of time.

You can also ask your tuner to send you the tune file via email so you can compare it to the stock tune file before you even buy HP Tuners

Again just trying to help cause I've been there, and it can be confusing and frustrating at first
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote