The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
70C10Ginger

70 Flatbed Cummins Transformation

Hello fellow gearheads,

IÂ’ve read so many of your builds, questions, responses, and amazing problem solving stories. Admittedly, I am so jealous.

Now I have my own money pit!!!! I grew up in a tiny town in Utah next to the Grand Staircase, and used to drive by this truck on the bus as a kid.
I grew up, fell in love with the way 67-72 gym trucks looked, after being a square body guy for my teenage years. We all learn sooner or later though haha.

Wound up buying the pig for a fire wood/work truck. First day, blew apart the front drive axle.... Not telling why. After a couple months, and having to have it get impounded to be able to get any form of title without it being a nightmare, I drive it up to Salt Lake to start working on it and making it useful. Leaked all the gear oil out of the rear Dana 60 while driving and resulted in blowing that apart as well.

So, now that youÂ’re basically caught up. Today (3/28/20) I took out the destroyed Dana 60, and replaced it with a GM 14 bolt corporate AAM with disc brakes. Now that I have it resting on the new leaf spring perches, IÂ’ve got them measured out for Monday to have new U-bolts bent up for me. I think I have a simple solution for the parking brake, but have no idea what IÂ’m supposed to do about the soft brake line going from the stock hardlines on the frame, to the new 14 bolt.

Anyone done this before that could help me out?
Attached Images

70C10Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote