The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
TA_C10

70 Door Hinges - Spacers

This doesn't seem right. Or is it normal? I know the gaps and doors on our trucks weren't great from factory but dang.

I ended up adjusting/sliding the door hinges so the door is "OUT" away from cab as much as the adjustments allow. I have the new rubber installed. And it was still so bad the door wouldn't shut. And you could tell the rubber was hitting in the wrong place.

I then ended up using washers to try and figure out some extra spacing behind the hinge-to-cab and I got all the way out to 3/16 spacers before the door was absolutely perfect.... At first, I thought the top window frame of the door was bent, but after doing this adjustment, the door fits absolutely perfect up against the rubber all the way around, and on the outside it is almost flush with outside of cab frame around door. There is a very small lip. Looks awesome.

But then I looked down at the rockers..... WAY OFF. I fit my rockers with the doors where they looked good before I put rubber on them.

Is this right? Are they that far off?

3/16 spacing, looking down on the door hinge:

Gap is perfect:

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote