The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

The Chevy Express van.

At my work I get the distinct displeasure of driving Ford E250's for work being a Chevy man. Luckily the Lord smiled on me, and it is not the Transit at this point. So I have very little experience with Express van's. Not much in the last 12 years if not longer.

Well as the Corona virus ruins my finances, and they keep saying it is coming back next year. 🤣 I have thought harder of getting rid of my Silverado to lower my monthly out going, and get something that is still reliable.

Initially I had thought of getting a used car, and enjoying 30+ hwy mpg. Along with lower out going. Either through payment or insurance. Just could not get excited about it. Or even mildly luke warm to the idea.

Well I somehow ran across a 2500 Chevy Express van for cheap enough to consider worth it to me. All while having a vehicle that still suits my needs in different ways then the truck obviously, but still works in a way I can use. Plus I would have a 6.0, and 6 speed auto that can be used in another project when I get around to it. Which in my mind really adds to the worth it to me in the whole situation. Figuring a 6 liter with 6 speed is $5000+ which really knocks down the total price concept.

From what I remember the E-series, and Express vans pretty much the same from the driver's position. Not like the transit where the wheel is between you knees for some odd reason. From the driver seat I really like the E-series, but as a enthusiast the offer nothing on the backside. Like a 6 liter or 6 speed.

So how do you guys who have a Express or Savanna like cruising in them. Is the front seat comfy enough?. Also how is real world highway mpg with no roof racks. I accept city will be in the toilet.

Anything to look out for on them.

The one I am looking at has like 8 captains chairs which be ripped out, and replaced with a normal bench seat. That is the only down side i can see in the pics.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote