The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #1
Vicente Aceves

1975 K10 back to it’s former glory- build thread

Hello all. Let me preface this by saying I’m new to doing any kind of “build” and don’t have any welding skills or advanced mechanical skills. Having said that, I’ll be happy to hear any and all advice on what I’m doing with this truck.

I bought this truck a few days ago. It is a 1975 K10 shortbed. I’m told it’s a Silverado but don’t think I can confirm that because there is no SPID. The truck had been parked for about 5 years. It runs drives and stops but nothing I would call a reliable driver...yet. That’s my goal with this truck. I’d like to get it to be a solid daily driver.

The truck came with several parts that I think are Hickey Enterprises pieces. Like a Sidewinder winch, grill guard, axle trusses, skid plates, auxiliary in-bed gas tanks and racing harnesses and belts and rocker panel skid plates like I’ve seen in the Hickey Catalogue.

So, I’d like to keep the 70’s look with those accessories and for the most part just clean it up and get it mechanically sound.

It needs tires bad. So I’m looking for a set of rally’s. With probably 33s or maybe a little smaller. Not sure what it would look like. Anyway I sort of started with the “clean up” part of the build this weekend. Pictures to come
Attached Images

Vicente Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote