The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #11
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey Boog, you should know. The purpose of wearing a mask is to keep the wearer from spreading the virus to others, not to protect themself. We can have it for up to two weeks before we see symptoms but during that couple weeks we are contagious. I don't think most masks people are wearing protect them against a virus.

My neighbor is making masks and donating them. She gave me two for my son and I. They are cotton and made so you slip a couple coffee filters into the pocket between the two pieces of fabric sewn together. The elastic is nice. It's covered and wider than your construction dust masks (that a guy who has always been using them in his occupation can not find now!). Instead of going behind the head, one on each side goes around the ears.

Now here's the thing. I try mine on and I'm thinking something's wrong with my ears. They just fold forward and the mask falls off. I know some people who wear glasses can't keep their specs from sliding down their nose but their ears work to hold them on. I wondered if my genetics gave me soft ears, some kind of defect.

After several tries over a couple days I ask my son what he thinks of his mask. My son doesn't waste words. Doesn't say much at all. All he had to say was "It's too small". Man was I ever relieved?

But you have to wonder. Did she just palm off a couple defective masks on me? Does she make a smaller size for children and her grand daughters grabbed the wrong ones? Or is she making them all too small and because they are donated they just find some elsewhere and never let her know? I'm going to have to lie if she asks
Put some extenders on them so that they wrap all the way around your head. My wife stitched up some masks that work pretty well. Maybe you got one sized for your inner child?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote