The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #1
Xavier

Cluster swap from idiot lights to gauges - Few wiring questions

I'm working through the butchered wiring in my truck and doing some other repairs/upgrades along the way. I've had a gauge cluster in the parts pile for a while and figured now would be the time to get it installed.

I've been digging through old posts and looking at wiring diagrams and I think I've got most of it but there were a few questions that stuck out.

The Generator Lamp (20 Br) wire which goes to the bulkhead and splits off to a Br/W that heads to the ignition switch. Can the Brown wire just be cut at the bulkhead and removed from the harness? Am I correct in seeing that it is not going to be needed?

Seems like the Oil Pressure idiot light wiring can also be removed from the interior harness and the engine bay harness, correct?

Does anyone have and good shots of the under the hood wire routing and specifically the junction block(s)? The harness in my truck has been hacked up by PO's when they installed HEI and a 10/12SI alternator. I no longer have a(ny) junction block(s) under the hood and the wiring is pretty messy. I do have a remote starter solenoid on my passenger fender that I installed to alleviate heat soak issues with the OE starter but I've since upgraded to a mini high torque starter so I may be removing the remote starter solenoid and trying to return to a more stock wiring.

That's all I can think of for now, gonna get back to surgery on the interior harness.

Thanks in advance.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote