The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
Pearly72

Tonneau cover from a '78 Ford F series works great

It may be sacrilegious to some, but not for me - especially for the money. I was looking to replace the beat up Tonneau cover that the PO put on my truck years and years ago. The brackets were installed backwards and it just wore it out over time. I bought one that came from a Ford truck.

Anyway, I was thinking of buying one... even at full price. My personal fave is the roll up concealed tonneau with bars in it. Had it on a newer GMC and loved it. A trifold isn't my favorite, but it's pretty handy too and a few bucks cheaper. Anyway, we have a craigslist type of site here in Utah, which is better than Craigslist in terms of searching.

I saw a gent that had a Trifecta 2.0 that was a year old that he was selling, due to the need of a toolbox in his 78 Ford F250 (pretty nice too). Anyway, they retail for $449 and he had it up for half that. After reading reviews, I contacted him and he provided measurements. Then, I went to check it out after measuring the exterior and interior perimeter of my longbed, then making sure there were no obstructions where I was going to secure it (4 locations).

I just thought I'd throw it out there for the ones looking for an alternative. Trifecta 2.0 does not make one for a 67-72 C10... at least not available on their site. But, they do for Ford. Attached are some pics.
Attached Images