The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
dmh13433

63 Body lift question

Hi guys
I am doing a 12 valve cummins swap in my 63 C10
Converted to short box.
I put an 89 one ton 2wd front end on the 63 frame. (pretty much bolted right on)
and also the 14 bolt went on, with new custom trailing arms I made. 3.23 gears going in at some point.

I have a question about body lifts. The 47rh tranny is going to hit the dog house on the drivers side by about an inch. How much can a guy lift the body and still have it look normal? At what point will I notice the bumper don't match up anymore? Is there an easy way to adjust the bumper up also? Would it be better just to cut out and refab part of the dog house/firewall to open it up some?

Another question......How much clearance do I need from the oil pan to the center steering link? I'm not sure how much torque is going to happen when I accelerate. Right now I have about .5" and I'm thinking that will be good.

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum for these questons, but I have been reading on here for awhile now to study the 63 - 66 trucks and I thought maybe you guys would have some opinions for me? Thanks
dmh13433 is offline   Reply With Quote