The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #29
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Looks good. I too am running a MII rack with a Type 2 GM pump. I could never find a clear answer if a reducer was needed or not.

Marc
I heard of some using it and some not. It was less than $20 so I decided to buy one.

Since you had the GM type 2 pump and the ford rack, what fluid did you go with. The GM pump says power steering fluid but my
96-98 mustang rack says mercon ATF. I saw the 79-93 rack called for type F ATF.

Oh and BTW, your truck has been an inspiration for me. A long while back you helped me in PM with some exhaust questions because I want my exhaust to be though the running board like yours. I had to pull the exhaust for now but I did buy the flex joints you talked about and put them before my x pipe. Then I have a set of hangers at each Borla muffler. I will probably put in a much smaller flex at the hard mounted tip so the exhaust can move and the tip stay put. I figure this way I have more flex and room for expansion by the down pipes and then a little room for movement further back. As soon as I get it all reinstalled I will share a photo.

Last edited by Root2812; 06-22-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Root2812 is offline   Reply With Quote