The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #27
67C10Step

Re: What does the future hold - For these trucks

These trucks were very popular where I grew up in north central AR when I was a teenager, 30+ years ago. They were more plentiful and WAY less expensive, but popular.

They are still as popular if not more but availability and price is now limiting those that can get into the hobby. The rise in prices of everything old and automotive can be directed back to the internet. Everything went from local/regional to national and international marketplaces. Used to it was the local newspaper and possibly a printed catalog, or possibly even word of mouth. Now look at us, trucks shipped all over the United States and world.

I think the popularity of these trucks will continue for a long time but will continue to be available to less and less folks as the "good" ones dry up and prices of everything continues to increase.

I couldn't care less what you do to your truck. It's not mine and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Build what you like and can afford. I see some things I'd like to do to my truck and other things I'd never do. I have some buddies that came and looked at my truck and started the whole "you need to do this and that" and I finally just said "you do that to your project, I have other plans for mine." I want a decent truck to hop in and run to town, not smoke tires, do donuts, or drag race. If that's your thing, cool just not mine. If I can get a truck with a 30 foot paint job that runs and drives well you will see nothing but smiles from me.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote