The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
Jemezcrusher

Mustang II alignment issues

I got a little chapped the other day. Took the 50 to the alignment shop. Has not had anything done so I had no idea where it was. They put it on the rack and got it all set and when they were done presented my the bill of 131 dollars but said there were no jam nuts on the tie rod ends. I asked why they did not pop them off and put nuts on them and the guy (owner) said they was not part of the alignment. He noted that on the paperwork that the castor could not be equaled due to the a arm running into the cross member on the pass side. His remarks were to repair and bring it back.

I asked if i got any kind of discount on the return visit and he said no. The springs have not yet seated on the bottoms so I imagine that will change the settings when I drive it a bit and they settle in.

I said I could mark the ends (paint on the threads and count the turns to get them off while holding the adjusters, then put the jam nuts on and reverse the procedure. I think the toe would be close enough for me to put some miles on without tearing up my tires. Then I could get it back to another shop (not going to go 70 miles to someone that does not even offer to pop these off and put nuts on even for a fee) to get it set after everything settles in

The owner at the shop said I would not even be able to get it close

Any thoughts?
Jemezcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote