The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 AM   #1
Cow.kllr

What do the pros do? Rust repair.

I'm doing a bunch of rust repair on my 72 c10 replacing all the lower body panels. Cab corners, rockers, and A and B pillar patches. I've noticed rust all up in the inside of the A pillar and some in the cowl area. I assume there is some in between the roof skin too. Nothing is rusted through but I'm sure it will in the future.

My question. What do these high end pro shops do. I figure there is a threshold on how far you go depending on what the build is. Do you go the extra mile and tear the whole cab down panel by panel, remove rust and epoxy everything. Or do you try to spray rust converter where you can and hope for the best.

I figured with all these high end shops doing all these restomod type build that they can't have a build take too long cause they got to move on to the next build.

Is there a faster way to get rid of rust that hasn't rusted through and then how do you seal that area if you can get it removed. Especially in between panels.

I want this done right and I am doing it all by myself. I have never done any sheetmetal body work before now.

What have you all done in the past. Any advice is appreciated.

P.s. this is by build over on another forum if you want to check it out.
https://www.tbssowners.com/threads/t...-build.212106/
Cow.kllr is offline   Reply With Quote