The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
my67c20

Hot Weather, Fuel Injection & 383 Stroker

Been searching the posts in the hopes of finding a solution to my problem. Problem is its too damn hot in Tucson to drive my truck 8 months out of the year. I have a C20, with a 383 stroker, mild cam, 1406 Edlebrock, TH350, 3:73 rear, dual exhaust with factory manifolds and Entropy Dual HPX Fans. First off, not a carb tuning expert, but do have a vacuum gauge and have adjusted the carb and timing. In cooler weather the thing is a beast, so I think my carb tuning is close. However, whenever I go someplace and try to restart it takes a bit to fire up, which is probably due to the fuel boiling since I do not have a spacer. My basis for too hot, is primarily based on the fact that the radiator fans run not too long after I am running and gauge sits about about 200. Also the temp sensor is on the drivers side head.

Recently been talking about selling it to get something more modern, since we have been talking about getting another camper. So the wife was quizzing me and asking what it would take to eliminate my current issue. I mentioned that with a fuel injection system there is better fuel management, so that might help. Being the supportive wife she is, she said do it. Personally, i feel this is a trap and will cost me more later.

Doing my research and have narrowed it down to the Proflo 4 systems, so the question is for those that have installed one, have you experienced a cooler running motor? Of course this question is not limited to just the ProFlo guys. Also looking for any other suggestions. Thanks

Last edited by my67c20; 08-31-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: holley to edelbrock
my67c20 is offline   Reply With Quote