The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
Big70

Converting to diss brakes on half ton 70

So today I was driving around and came in on a shop and was talking to the owner but was in a hurry. This guy told me to just go to AutoZone and Kragen and by all the components for my front brakes and convert it over to disk. I want to Switch over to disc in the front but don’t have the $600 or $700 to do it right now with the kit. I wanna stay six lug and this guy was telling me that I can use the drum spindles that are on my 70 and just buy everything from the auto parts store from a 71-72 and they’re compatible. Does anybody have a quick and easy way to do it and not have to spend that 600-700? I don’t see how that guy is right first off I would need disc that are six lug I don’t know... I’m kind of Rambling here but would love to know some shortcuts if anybody has some out there. I do want to lower the front end 2 inches. I’m in between 2 inch drop springs or just going ahead and buying that $600 kit that has 2 1/2 inch drop spindles and everything I need for the disc brake conversion but would love to do it for cheaper!