The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2020, 12:04 PM   #26
msg

Re: Installing a quadrajet on new engine questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Would this TCI bracket work? It says for 700r4.
Im not sure, looks like it is the same as this one at jegs. The pic in the listing shows it on the carb which helps me to kinda see whether it would do the trick or not. Thanks for the suggestion.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/1573...hoCTjYQAvD_BwE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I'd recommend making certain that that Q-Jet is ready for use. If you can try it on another engine and make certain, you'll be one less wiped out cam from having to mess with the carburetor during break-in. Also, while it's running at break-in speed, try moving the choke just a touch closed. If you move it away from fully open and the engine speeds up, it's running too lean. That's fairly common. Every little bit helps on break-in!

I appreciate the suggestion steevee, I checked around and no local shops have a set up that they can do the test for me on an engine. The one thing I have heard on the cam on my L31 is that its a roller vs flat tappet and kinder on the break in risk. I definitely though want things to go smooth but I may have to take my chances on the quad I got. Thanks for the tip on the choke movement too.

Here is a pic on the jegs bracket i mentioned. I may go with what I have to get things going but Id rather have a nicer bracket soon.
Attached Images