The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
jayoldschool

The little things make a difference

Haven't done much to my 65 for awhile. I worked it like a dog in August as I moved out of my big house/garage. Moving into the new place at the end of November, so I brought it into the shop today to fix up a few little things.

Did grounds on the rear tail light that hasn't worked correctly forever. It's fine now, perfect tail light, signal and brake. Then, added grounds. Two cab to frame. Cab to bed. Bed to cab. Bed to frame.

Swapped out the 12 year old battery to a much newer Delco 24 that was here at the shop. Hopefully, I won't have to break out the booster pack like I used to when it has sat for a few weeks.

Took apart the headlights, replaced the driver's side adjusters. One had broken, light was pointing at the ground. Couldn't find adjusters that fit at the parts place, so I cut the tabs off a couple to make them work in the little square holes.

Finally, added shifter linkage bushings at the trans. What a difference!

Need the truck tomorrow to make a delivery, around 70 miles after work. Should be fun.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote