The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
cameo

55-59 Wiring harness choices

I am planning for this winter's projects, or steps to take to get my truck on the road for spring. The one big question is "what wiring harness should I use"

I have 2 or 3 original fuse boxes I could rewire, I could pull from a newer truck, or I could go with any one of the available aftermarket kits.

This truck is kind of a basic, old-school restomod. 57 Chevy truck with a Nova Clip, 10-bolt rearend on a 4-link, SBC with a carb, and a TH350 which will be changed out for a 700R-4. Either an HEI distributor or an MSD/Crane or other spark box.

The truck may get AC down the road, but I will keep the manual windows and locks. I have no intention to ever go with an LS motor, or fancy 5 to 12 speed electronic transmission. If I go fuel injection it will be FItech, so this would not effect my choice with the wiring harness.

I have used a Painless Kit on a '69 in the past and was not a big fan of it, but it was my first kick at the cat. I did not like the fact that a kit specifically designed for 67-72 trucks had instructions that said Step 1: Cut the dash.

Based on price and quality, which way would you recommend?

thanks
cameo is offline   Reply With Quote