The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #1
davidson2100

Junk Yard Was Good Today

I went to a junk yard today that a guy recommended down here in San Antonio and there were quite alot of our trucks pick down to the bone. As I was leaving I noticed a bunch of oil barrells in the back of this pick bed that was made into a trailer. The closer I got the more I was interested. Come to find out it was a 69-72 chevy longbed with the toolbox on the passenger side ( which was all great shape door and all). I started to look it over and I saw no rustout infact the only surface rust was on the bedfloor where the barrells were sitting, there was only two quarter size dings by the side markers. Other than that it was perfect in my eyes. Asked the guy how much and he said I don't know I really use that trailor a lot. I replied that I only wanted the bed and that he can keep the frame. He said well than $100. I said what (because I thought he was pulling my leg). He assumed I was there to bargain and told me fine $50 and we will take it off the frame for you. I said put in the back of that blue 72 and here is your $50. This made my weekend, just thought I would share.
davidson2100 is offline   Reply With Quote