The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #21
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: The One You Wish You Had Back

[quote=special-K;8849129]Both got my attention. It was a nice display piece for the cars and a stand out custom purpose-built on it's own. The one you I wish never got away from me was that gold utility body truck

I hope you get it back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
All Chevys, too

That one sure was nice! Honestly, that is the main reason I sold my "nicest" vehicles. I should have started out with building a huge building, then start buying up vehicles. Too nice to use a lot and not properly stored ends up bugging me

Mid-60s to early-70s 4wd is one of my favorite segments in the truck world. In '77 I got a '69 Dodge W200 Sweptline Power Wagon. It was already rusty so I did a frame-up using rust free body parts and N.O.S. trim, etc. First thing I did was lift and put 37/14.50 tires on it. Ended up with a 440 Interceptor in it. I liked it a lot. But Mopar sucked for parts support. I did end up selling it... for parts. I was involved in a head-on collision with it. It got hurt bad. Everyone survived fairly well.
Only Dodge I've ever owned was a 75 Dart. I liked it less the 318 sounded like a jet warming up, 10 minutes in the cold, and still managed to backfire up the hill. But big fan of Mopar restorations. That truck must have been a beast.

For what it's worth I miss your having the 71 Cheyenne and Huntsman camper too that's one of my favorite pictures, what a beauty.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote