The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Question Replacing Parking Break Assy

I have a new parking break assy and had its pedal pad move to the right so it can clear my new kicker speakers. I have a 72 C10 LWB 350/TH350 and hoping to get some advise on how to remove the old one and get the new one installed. The currently one is fully installed (with everything around it installed) and working properly.

Things I think I know:
1. Remove the two assembly's firewall nuts
2. Remove the underside assembly's nut/bolt on the dash.
3. Likely loosen (or remove?) 3 driver side dash bolts - to loosen the right side of the dash?
4. Push / slightly knock the Break Assy to the right to get it out.

But before all the above I am pretty sure I need to deal with the Brake Assy cable. I know there is a cotter pin/clevis pin attaching the parking brake line to the assembly but I assume this is under wee bit of pressure (even when the brake is not engaged). Do I just go underneath the truck, driver side, behind the transmission and loosen the adjustment nut to gain some slack?

I have read and found a few posts on removing the assembly, which is where I got my 1~4 "things I think I know". Though I haven't found how to best/properly do the parking break cable.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote