The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
shuttermutt
Don't say "Oops!", Doctor

A'ight... I'm back!

Okay, okay... it's been a while. A few months to be (kind of) exact. Works been keeping me really busy, though. I've barely had time to sleep, let alone doing anything fun these past few months.

I'd sort of shelved the truck and dug out the BMW once the cold weather went away. Recently, however, a spark of inspiration struck in the form of a donated Edelbrock 1406 carb and Performer RPM intake. I rebuilt the carb, set it on the intake, and put it on the truck this past weekend.

Man, what a difference! That simple swap (a Q-Jet that was acting funky and vanilla GM cast iron intake for the 'brock stuff) changed everything. My off-the-line performance is dramatically improved, my idle cleaned up (you can still hear the cam, but it's breathing like it should now), and my overall power improved noticeably.

Everything's just about like it should be again. The only serious problem I've got is my power steering bracket. I've got the old style pump and the wrong bracket keeping it on there. Apparently, the jackass that did my engine swap didn't move the correct bracket over and now this bracket has cracked and isn't long for this world.

Not so serious problems include a defroster vent hose that's basically cracked in two, a broken stud in my junction block, a missing choke housing, instrument panel lights that are burned out, a cigarette lighter and interior light that don't work, a missing center A/C register thingy, torn seats, a missing glove box liner, a burned out tag light (which nicely complements the Maine tag that should've been converted to Minnesota many months ago), and rust, rust, and more rust.

So, anybody got a correct P/S bracket for sale? This one is making me kind of nervous. I keep wondering when I'm going to be driving down the road, drop that pump, and all hell's going to break loose. Anybody?
1967 C10 SWB: Claimed when Bumpster didn't put it on his list
shuttermutt is offline   Reply With Quote