The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #11
4u2nv

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Searched many years to recover five "velva" black light posters I had as a kid. Old favorites right, 1973-1976 if I remember right. Anyway, I received "Ice Ship" today, hung it up & set up the lights. My taste in these hasn't changed, and the ship is even more vibrant than I remember. The Ice Ship gave me four of five. Technically 4.5 of 5.

Ironically, the fifth of five came up this week as well. Thing is I had the full size 23x35" "Super Shark", probably paid 12 bucks for it. I recovered a 11x17" version few years ago, $80. Anyway, the 23x35" shark cost a guy over $500 today.

I was curious what kind of IDIOT would pay $500 for one of these (kidding, cough!). I can say the guy is a rock n roller type, probably waging against Sammy Haggar or something like I only know enough he collects some very cool stuff & expensive taste. While I made excuses to hit a higher pitch dude bid 4-5 times same day early, hit it high the last and never looked back.

The camera doesn't know how to react to a black light, couldn't tell you why, but this is the best it can give and it refuses to snap the shark. I have to move a shelf yet to hit that Buck right. Three of these are (were) NOS. I'm only in this disaster total $340 less cheap frames. Someone saved me a lot of money today.

Those are far out man ,LOL I can remember those from my dope smoking days
They are something to enjoy
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote