The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
conoco

Help with where to start my inner rocker replacement

So I ordered all the parts I needed to replace the inner and outer rockers along with the front cab floor brace and the kick panel.

The rear cab brace is in great shape. I also ordered the floor pan just because I figured if I was gonna have new rockers and everything I might as well do some of the floor also. The floor is in great shape though just bought it incase.

My problem is I took the outter and inner out because they were shot, I couldnt see until I took them off that the pillars are also shot just on the bottom. Can anyone suggest where to start on this project? I didnt want to cut the pillars yet which would give me access to start installing the inner rocker because I was worried I wouldnt be able to get the proper alignment when it finally did come to doing the pillars. All in all I didnt want to start really cutting until I got some input from you all. Just need to know where the best place to start would be . Thank you

I know it's hard to see but the only thing that is rusted out are the bottom of the pillars, out rocker and inner.
Attached Images

conoco is offline   Reply With Quote