The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2021, 01:46 AM   #1
Zeekmiester

Front Sway Bar question

G’day all,
I have a sway bar question. I picked up a front and rear sway bar kit from POL for my 60 GMC. And of course parts don’t quite bolt right up as implied. 1960 must be an odd year for resto mod parts. Anyway, if I mount the end links as per the instructions the bolt heads are about ½” to ¾” from contacting the tie rods. (see pic 1&2)If I turn the wheel either way or lift the front of truck they actually hit.
If I flip the end link bracket 180 deg. (see pic 3) I have lots of clearance but now the lower bushing is below control arm, about 8” off the deck. Is this going to be an issue? I’m worried if I scalp a groundhog or roll thru a pothole I may tweak the end link or damage something more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The rear sway bar needed some mods as well. I will drop those in another post. Hope I submitted this right, not very good with PC's
Attached Images

Zeekmiester is offline   Reply With Quote