The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2004, 02:41 AM   #1
BadBlu

New Here

whats going on guys? well i'm new here and i just bought my first chevy truck about three weeks ago. already have a ton of plans for it lol. its a 74 longbed HD. its got a fresh 350 with a street dominater intake and an edelbrock carb. it has a good lookin chrome dress-up kit. its all fitted for A/C but the compressor and hoses aren't there so thats something i'll look into as well. the exhaust consist of long tubes, 24" glasspacks and then 3.5" tips out the back. the interior is in good shape as well as the body. its has chrome modular wheels and the tires are old lol. new tires coming soon. i put a diamond plate tool box in the bed. no radio unfortinitly but thats an easy fix also. it has a th350 tranny, refreshed also. its going to need some paint in time and a new front bumper. the one on it is chrome but its twisted, not sure if i can get the twist out or not. gonna try in a few days lol.

one of the questions i have is : how hard will it be for me to swap it from a long bed to a short? i know i will need the 16 gallon fuel tank and the bed and shortening the frame. but will i need a custom driveshaft? i would think the stock one for a short bed would work right?

also wanting to go with a black rubber floor covering, its got blue carpet now and i'm not a friend of carpet lol. the door panels will need to be replaced in time and the dash cas two small cracks up in the center like they always do lol. some of the front panels need realigned which wont be hard either. the seat is in excellent shape but its brown in color. so i bought a clothe black one today and installed it. i'll get some pics today during the day of it and post them up on here. i'm also going to be installing a challenger style grant steering wheel this weekend. getting rid of the stock one. the color of the truck is a dark blue. i like the color so i'll stick with it. its just that its got alot of scratches on it. not any digs but alot of scratches.

and i bought the truck for $2000. i think i got a good deal on it. i'll post up some pics tomorrow on it though and again when i get the steering wheel in it.

i look forward to learning alot about the truck and chevy world. i'm a drag racer as well but my drag car is a ford so dont hate on me to much for that. lol. i can post some pics of it if anyone would like to see. its a mustang that is no where near stock except for the appearance. anyways, let me know if ya'll have any good ideas for things to do to the truck or anything.

thanks guys
Don
BadBlu is offline   Reply With Quote