The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
Accelo

The simple things should fit, (shouldn't they)

Working on what I figured was a 5 min project. Bolting a stock inner fender support to the inner fender. You know the one that spans the gap in the inner fender where the steering column goes through.
I could get the back too bolts in and the one furthest forward almost would go. The second one back was not even close. Not only was the bolt hole not spaced correctly it was too far in for the brace to fit flat, as in the holes were not punched in a straight line. So, I elongated all the bolt holes so I had a chance of getting the bolt in and the washer covering the hole. After that I could get the front bolt in, some progress. Then I started slotting the second hole from the front. I wanted to slot as little as possible as the brace would be getting thin. Well, it worked. Bolt hole was covered by the washer but just barely. Pictured in the last photo.

Test fit every piece! I had already powder coated the brace, thinking what could go wrong. An hour later I was done!
God Speeds in Trucks!
Rick
Attached Images

Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote