The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
pickup nut

New To The Board .Wanted To Say Howdy!

Hello all,I just found this site yesterday.I think I have found a third home. I stay at hunting net.com most if the time.Anyway I hail from a little town in southside Va.called Danville. Just so happens it was the Last capital of the confederacy.Years ago (30 some not exactly sure) my father had a 1968 short bed step side.It came with a 327 .I am pretty sure it is more than a 300 HP engine.It looked like LT1 head markings on it .It also came with a tach(factory).Stay with me this is all actually going some place. While I was away in service. My dad sold the truck to one of the guy's that he worked with.This guy always said if he ever got rid of the truck that he would sell it back to my dad or myself.well about every 5 years I call the dude to see if he is ready to sell the truck.Alway the same answer.Not yet .well about 4 months ago I called and he said I guess I will let you get the truck back .When I ask about a price. He said "NAW man I said I was going to give you the truck back Come and pick it up" How cool is that .I went to Richmond Va. this past weekend for an American Legion Convention and got the truck while I was there. As soon as I saw it It was like a flashback I could see the old man cruising his truck .It is in really good shape.Only needing rockers and 1 cab corner with just surface rust everywhere else.Kinda unbelievable condition in my book.I was looking for a site to get the dimensions for the wood so I do a cypress bed.Came here and first thing I see is a post exactly about what I need.Too dang cool.Well I am not usually this long winded.But I think you will be hearing more out of me .If there is anything I can do to help you guy's let me know.I run up on all kinds of parts,trucks, and deals.If you live around southside Va. or Piedmont N.C. let me know I would like to meet ya.Maybe have a brew and talk a little junk.Ya'll have a good un...........Alton
pickup nut is offline   Reply With Quote