The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2021, 06:54 PM   #1
Bearhawg

Wrong Brake Hard Line Sizes

So a while back I had a shop install the CPP disc brake conversion kit on my four wheel drum brake '70 C10. I've been slowly replacing most everything on the truck like entire wiring harness, fuel hoses, etc. It's a 50+ year old truck that needs some love plus it keeps me out of trouble. Next on the list is the brake hard lines. I got the complete set from Inline Tube which is specifically for disc brake conversions. Sid note: When I do the install I will have to change the orientation of the combo valve back to under the master rather than along side. As I started the process I noticed the new lines for the front brakes are larger than the lines the shop fabbed up. I got out the calipers and took measurements and found that the shop's lines were the same for front and rear, about .187in and the new Inline Tube lines for the front brakes are about .257in. Both lines from the master to the combo valve are about .235in on the CPP set up. I figured this made sense as the truck was born with manual drums all around.

Here's my conundrum. I've always had a rock hard pedal and meh braking. I've gone through the entire system multiple times , spent a lot of time listening to CPP's hold music - tested and bled the system and re-tested and re-bled the system. Do y'all think the hard line size could have anything to do with my hard pedal and "just OK" braking? I hope to get the lines installed this weekend and I'm very interested to see what happens.

What say y'all?

Thanks!!
Attached Images

Bearhawg is offline   Reply With Quote