The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #1
MDFarms

Decisions Decisions

So I'm building a blue/white/blue K10 SB to match my 1971 K20, garage space is tight and playing with idea of selling my Original paint K10 SB, this truck is original paint and clean on outside, underside and the interior is amazing, no rust and runs down road 70-75 with one finger on wheel. Cold a/c and everything works as it should. Long list of mechanical maintenance recently done, truck is a hard one to replace! After all only original once right?

To buy a factory K10 SB that's decent will run 12-15k and usually rusty in typical areas, add in body work, interior, mechanical attributes and paint job what dollar amount are you at? What's an original worth in its original paint and body, engine and drive train with original build sheet attached?

By selling I free up space and capitol for new project HOWEVER it's so nice and i'm a huge fan of survivors. I keep trying to justify keeping it. I have a super cool wife that says do whatever you want just don't regret it your decision down the road. The truck has its blemishs of its 49 years of existence but a still a super nice survivor. I was told it sat in collection since early 90's Previous owner added tach and tilt wheel, I have original column and steering wheel to go with it. So because I can't really value this truck I'm considering "Bring A Trailer Auctions". They will ask for a reserve price and that's what I'm having a hard time determining. I have used them one other time and was very impressed with the results. Any thoughts on this rather hard decision?
Attached Images

MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote