The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
ClassicIron

1972...ish C10 - Finishing What They Started

We have some catching up to do! After 6 years of perusing the forum, I decided it's probably time I started a build thread for my truck. Here's the backstory: I was 13, my dad (scotts72heavyhalf), brother (blue/72), and I were told about a guy outside of town who might have some trucks we could check out for a family build. We walk into the guy's shop and we see everything from a fully restored 56 f100 to a real 1968 gt500 KR convertible, but certainly nothing within our budget. We check out the other dozen cars before he takes us around the back to show us something we might be interested in. There sat a 72 c10 long bed sunken into the ground with blackberries growing up around it. The owner's son started rebuilding the truck over a decade prior and installed a 67 front clip, doors, and steering wheel, as well as a then-new crate 350 backed up with a th350. He finished it out with full body and paint before he was diagnosed with cancer and tragically later passed away before he could fully finish it. The truck was tucked away behind the shop where it sat for about 9 years in the Oregon weather. While it of course held sentimental value, the owner was happy to see it move on to a new life with two young boys and their dad for a father and sons project. My dad did some quick negotiations and paperwork before we used a tractor to tow it out of the field onto the trailer and bring her home. I'm 21 now and over the next few weeks I'll be posting the progress that has been made since towing my pride and joy out of that field.
Attached Images

ClassicIron is offline   Reply With Quote